Chapter 23 (p. 303-319)
The rain stops and Peeta and Katniss go out in search of food, but not before a few jokes at the expense of Haymitch for the viewers. However, Katniss ponders Haymitch and wonders what her life maybe like if she wins the Games.
The two of them hunting together has an unforeseen consequence. Another Tribute has died, leaving only three remaining.
- Initially, why do Katniss and Peeta ration the food from the sponsors?
- What is Haymitch going through in the control room?
- How do they suppose Haymitch won the Games?
- What could be the roots of Haymitch’s drinking? What does this mean for Katniss?
- Which Tribute has died during the thunderstorm?
- What thoughts does Katniss have of the future?
- What unforeseen problems does the partnership of Katniss and Peeta present?
- Who died at the conclusion of the chapter? Whom does Katniss think killed the Tribute?